I thought I'd share a bit more about the way the I600 process works:
The I600 is the application for the baby's Visa, which needs to be approved by the State Dept. before any family can travel to pick up their baby. In the past month, about 40 I600's have been filed by our agency. That is A LOT! It seems this new process has found a groove!
The process does take time as the caseworkers need to get the documents from the province where the baby is and check them over for mistakes. Then everything needs to be translated. After the translation everything is checked again against the original English written document.
Then everything gets checked over by the orphanage that assigned the child, the adoption office and the Justice department. Once everything is deemed OK ,it gets stamped, signed, dated and two additional sets are copied. The original referral photo is added. Once they get to that point then all the additional paperwork (I-600,G28 and copies of the I 171-H) is done and two more copies of everything is made. One for the files and one for the family.
Once all of this is done then the I 600 is ready to be filed.
Quite a process...no wonder it takes as long as 2-3 months to accomplish.
We are now at 2 months since our original document have been logged-in over in Vietnam. We're still anticipating that we will see a photo of Baby Wieds sometime in March. Once we accept that child, the process above will begin for us! They say that we will likely travel anywhere between 2-4 months after we accept the child. Then one day, they will give us a call telling us that we need to be in Vietnam in a week or so...very exciting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I can't wait for Emery to meet her friend. Eleanor has special friends, Elizabeth has special friends. It is Emery's turn.
Hugs, Erika
I am reading through your blog tonight. I hope you don't mind, but I think I am going to use your timeline from this post for my blog. LOTS of people don't understand the steps to get where we are or what is ahead and I plan
to post about it soon.
I hope your flights are going well!!
Post a Comment