Monday, June 29, 2009

Our Trip to Boise

We just spent the past four days in Eagle, Idaho, with Mark's extended family celebrating Paul and Jan's 50th wedding anniversary. Mark and I celebrated our 5th anniversary there, too! It was a lot of fun and the first time most of the family were able to meet Henry. We spent a good chunk of time swimming since the weather was hot. Henry's swimming lessons have paid off because each day we were there he became a little braver in the water. Yesterday he was even going down a makeshift slide (a raft held at an angle) into my arms. The rest of the time we shopped at the local farmers market and went out for a nice dinner to celebrate 50 years, which was followed by a party back at Brian and Laura's house.

Congratulations, Paul and Jan!!!!



Mark, Margot,and George


Kristen and Bob


Brian, Laura, Trevor,and Rachel


Here is our swimmer!








Notice the hand in this one...he must be asking "where is it?"




The flight home was a bit rough for Henry. He fell asleep 10 minutes before landing. We went to baggage and Mark picked up the suitcases and car seat and headed over to the lot where our car was parked. Henry and I waited right next to another family that was on our plane. They were waiting to be picked up, too. They also were trying to find their car seat...apparently it hadn't made it on the flight. Since we have an extra one, the one we use for travel, I offered it to her so they could get home. After a short while I realized that I still had the car keys so I called Mark over at the lot. He realized he didn't have the keys as he arrived on the lot. So...I decided to try to take the shuttle with Henry in his stroller to the lot. I made it to the bus and got on, thanks to some very nice people who helped me lift Henry in his stroller into the bus. We got to the lot and Mark was standing right there. As we were about to load the luggage into the car I noticed that the car seat he had picked up at baggage wasn't ours!! So we drove back to the arrival section, I gave the car seat back to the United rep. As it turns out, the seat belonged to the family I was talking with. Our car seat never made it so I filled out a report. Meanwhile, Mark is making another lap around the airport. We finally got home and into bed around midnight!
After Henry and I got off the bus and while Mark was bringing the car over I told Henry that I thought he was fantastic, very patient and adaptable and that we love and appreciate him very much. I said "do you know that we feel this way about you?" and he looked up and me, shook his head up and down once and said "ya". I believe that he understood!

No comments: