Saturday, December 12, 2009

what's going on these days...

Henry had his first big fall the other day. We were getting ready to color on the big table, and he reached for the paper on the table. However, the paper was hanging over the edge of the table and so he slipped and scraped his cheek. Lots of tears, poor guy.


I pulled out another gift from Grace, Charlie and Jack...refrigerator magnet letters. Henry was thrilled. He saw the pile on the floor and after I showed him how they stick to the refrigerator, he brought them over one at a time. He loves learning letters...is very proud when he finds ms, bs and os.




He discovered the silk poinsettia plants that were next to the Christmas tree. He picked them up and presented them to me as if they were a gift from him. He knows that his mama likes to get flowers!



We've been having lots of rain, which means lots of snow in the mountains. Here was the view from our yard after the storm earlier this week.


Here are some shots from today.




I wonder if anyone else thinks it's interesting that Henry's favorite breakfast food lately has been noodles. When we were in Vietnam this was quite common! I sat next to a Chinese guy on one of our flights last summer. He said that his tastes are drawn toward rice, noodles and vegetables. He heard that tastes are genetic. I wonder!



It's Dec. 13 in Vietnam right now...the day we received our official US approval to adopt Henry.

No comments: