Sunday, October 16, 2011

3 years 10 months


fell when running on the track


"Mom, I'm going surfing!"(he really said that)



I wish I could stop time for just a little while...Henry is growing up SO quickly. He is evolving into a little boy each day. He's not my little toddler anymore!
When Henry sees a car he likes or a car that is for sale he tells me that he wants me to have it. Lately these cars are a gold color...golden and sparkly, he says. Henry appreciates things that are beautiful and will easily comment when he sees something bright and sparkly.
He loves going to school...and staying for lunch and extra playtime.
The other day on the way he said,"Pee is just like water coming out of a fire hose."
Everyday we sing "Santa Clause is coming to town" (better watch out, better don't cry, better don't pout...)and he keeps asking if it is going to be Christmas tomorrow.
Henry loves to watch train shows, Thomas and Friends in particular, as well as play with trains every chance he gets. He also spends a good chunk of time playing in his construction site (the end of my garden). He's completely mastered riding a bike with training wheels and is now ready to move on to the scooter...do we dare?
The other day I asked Henry,"Do you know how much I love you?" He said,"A lot a times...but I love apple pie."
Henry likes to count. He keeps asking me what is next as we go up toward the 60s. I asked Henry to count to ten, and he was silent. Then said to me that he was counting in his head..."sometimes it is good to talk in your head and sometimes with your mouth."
I was reading the three bears story...he watched me and held it in as long as he could...then he let out a load roar followed by a major giggle.
He's playing a lot with his magnetic letters on the refrigerator. He puts together silly words and asks me what they say. He put the EW together, and when I told him the sound, he laughed and spent a good chunk of time repeating "EW...EW..."
Certain sounds and words really crack him up: rotten pumpkin, bash or flash, bop.
Henry still loves eating noodles, spinach and chive ones in particular...with butter only. He mostly drinks milk or OJ...he likes skim milk only. Favorite candy bar: Kit Kat. And he loves chocolate chip cookies that are cold (we keep them in the freezer).
It sure is fun being with this little guy! The days fly by, and we are enjoying every moment!

No comments: