Thái Nguyên Province is a province situated in the mountainous and midland region of North Vietnam, and it is one of the six possible provinces where Baby Wieds will be discovered.
Apparently some families who have traveled to pick up their children in this province are having trouble getting their visas. They are actually in Vietnam waiting, and the word "investigation" is being used. Not exactly sure what that means...
I pray that these families get out with their babies soon. I am also a bit nervous about what this may mean for the future adoptions in this province. Hopefully it is nothing more than a short delay.
The good news is that our agency works with three orphanages in HCMC and gets referrals from all of them. In the North, they also get referrals from Lang Son and Bac Ninh, and they soon expect to have another northern province before the end of the year, but I am not sure of the name.
Meanwhile, we are still waiting for our DOS approval letter...it's been 3 weeks since fingerprinting. Trying to stay positive!
Friday, October 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi Sue and Mark,
I've been following your story and it is fascinating. My daughter has a friend from girl scouts whose last name is Nguyen, and propmpted me to respond. I'm so excited for your progress on the adoption. I can't wait to hear what is next. You two are so strong and brave, I know you are on the path you're meant to be on. (ok... I know you're both teachers and I know that was an akward sentence ending with a dangling modifier...just wanted to keep your editing skills sharp!:))
I'm sending my prayers and best wishes with you along your journey!
Love, Barb
Post a Comment