Thank you, Kristin and Bob, for knowing your birds! They said it looks like we have some Cedar Waxwings (the ones that like the berries second from bottom - one of Kristin's favorite birds!) and a Stellar's Jay at the very bottom. It's possible that the top yellow bird is a western variety of a Goldfinch. Feel free to come over anytime to bird watch...no need for binoculars around here. If you have absolutely no idea what I am talking about go to the post before this one, and it will all make sense.
As you know, we have been getting the house ready for Baby Wieds. Moving things around...throwing out and sorting stuff...I guess that means we are officially nesting. I saw two birds literally nesting yesterday on the patio. One had a branch in it's mouth and the other one was clearly creating fertilized eggs! Then the one with the branch flew to the nest on the garage, dropped off the branch, and flew away.
I never actually gave much thought about where we got the term "nesting" before that sight!
Some baby news: One family from our agency received their new referral this week. They had originally lost theirs a few weeks ago because the baby's birth mother changed her mind about placing her baby for adoption. We're happy for them and eager for our call!
Enjoy your weekend!
Friday, May 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment