Friday, August 21, 2009

Henry did GREAT on our flight back to LA, even though we were delayed about 40 minutes. He slept for an hour and played the rest of the time. The only time he got fussy was when we were landing...I suppose his ears were blocked and popping.
Our entire way to baggage he kept saying "dada?" as he looked for Mark. He was very happy to see his dada again.
We got home and the first thing he did was feed Cody...and this was the first thing he wanted to do after he woke up the next day. He also wanted to walk Cody. He grabbed the leash and actually said the word "leash" correctly. I guess it's back to business as usual...

Henry really had his feeling hurt at the park today...it's so hard to watch when this happens. We were playing on the swings, and Henry saw a soccer ball. He walked over to pick it up. No one was around and it looked like the ball had been abandoned. A few minutes later a girl, probably close to 4, walked over and grabbbed the ball from him and gave him a really mean look. This look even scared me! Of course I thought the ball was hers so I asked her if the ball was hers, and she didn't say anything. Henry is generally fairly assertive and fair in his interactions with other kids so he took a few steps toward her and tried to take the ball back, but she pulled it away, and again, gave him a really mean look. Henry backed up into my legs and just started sobbing. Her mom was there and didn't do a thing. I kind of sense that the mom has no control over this kid. I asked her mom if the ball was hers and she said no. A minute later the girl dropped the ball and ran off. Henry had stopped crying by then, and I told him he could go play with the ball, which he did for a little while before moving on to something else. Later we found some boys with very cool trucks. They shared with Henry and all was fine.

On another note...I'm happy to say that he loves taking his bath again...maybe it's because of his very cool new bath towel!

1 comment:

Amber said...

What was that little girls name? I'll come out there and whip her into shape! ;)