I put it on the floor, told him it was a potty chair, and he sat right down.
Henry was so excited about this chair that he carried it around the store for about 10 minutes before checking out. He did not want to give it up at the register either. When we got home, we took off his diaper, and he sat on the chair for a few minutes. We talked and I continually asked him if he had to go potty, and he would look down, then look at me, then look down again. I'd ask him if he wants to go potty on the potty chair, and he shakes his head "yes" and says "pot". After he stood up, I grabbed the new diaper. He saw the diaper and went straight back to sit on the potty chair. The wheels are turning in his mind so hopefully he'll put the pieces together soon and actually go potty on the chair!
No luck yet but we'll give it a shot each day. I know its VERY early to be trying this but since I have his enthusiasm, I figured we had nothing to lose.

4 comments:
I think he'll get it pretty quickly! He's such a smart boy!!
You know what they say: there's a window where kids get interested. Henry's right at that age. My niece Madison is too...she's all about the potty. So, my guess is that if you really stick with it, he'll be going in no time! You can do it Sue! Just think: no more diapers!!!
Cute potty chair! Whenever Sully would go, we would let him put a sticker right on the potty chair. Worked pretty well---the chair was covered but now he goes on the regular toilet! Good luck!
i'm afraid the stickers would make Henry run the other way...remember how he feels about them. other suggestions?
Post a Comment