Wednesday, September 16, 2009

21







What's Henry been up to?

washing his cars


laughing each time he sprays himself


is interested in playing catch with his ball and glove



Henry is talking more everyday. He is starting to talk on the phone, too. We Skyped Kit and Steve the other day, and he reached out to me to see if I was with him or on the computer with them.

He loves to move water from one cup to another. He pours it directly.
He is trying to stay up longer each night and before each nap by looking at me with his adorable eyes and saying "more" as he picks up another book that he wants to hear before I turn out the lights. He loves keeping books in his crib...his favorite is a book called Trucks from Grandma.

He gets upset when his breakfast bar breaks outside of the wrapper he uses to hold it. He's knows what backwards means and does his best to say the word as he is moving back.

He is a master driver on his firetruck...incredible how he can maneuver the steering wheel while he moves quickly around the house. He wants only certain items on the back of it, his dog always needs to be there.



The other day he also had the lid to a plastic container, a candle holder and a small plastic boat. As he drove along he continually made sure all items stayed on board.



I love our mornings together...Henry drinks his milk, I drink my coffee, Mark eats his cereal... we sit together and watch Sesame Street. I love it when he looks at me and laughs when something funny happens on the show.

Henry is starting to identify different colors...seems to like the word "yellow" best. His jeans still fit his waist but are too short now so we had to switch to a larger size. He wears 18-24 mo. now. His 18 mo. pjs are also too small. Cousin Jack will be getting a big care package soon!

Mark and I use place mats at the table. When Henry sits in his high chair he puts a paper napkin under his plate so he has one, too. It's so much fun to watch Henry pretend. He has started interacting with his stuffed animals and has them interact with each other. He likes to feed his stuffed dog.

Whenever one of us is about to leave the house Henry starts saying, "bop, bop..."
He has to give us a fist bump, a high five and then a kiss (along with the mmmm sound)
Happy 21 months, dear Henry!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the monthly update! I wish I was that good at keeping track of all those little details---Henry will love reading this someday!

Auntie Kit said...

We love your doggie and the cool shades! We miss you and can't wait to see you again!
Kit & Steve