Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mommy Day



It was a wonderful day. Mama is gone, Mommy is here. The name change has been consistent for the past few weeks. Dada is now Daddy, too.
I woke up to a hot cup of coffee, gorgeous flowers, cards and new running clothes!(my request)
We went to church and out to breakfast. When we pulled into the parking lot of the restaurant Henry said "pancakes, eggs".
We decided to bake some brownies for dessert. Henry was excited about helping and cleaning up!




While we were setting the table for dinner tonight, Henry went over to one of the cupboards he isn't supposed to open and pulled out two candles. He then went over to the light switch, turned out the light and said, "Light, Mommy".
So we had a candlelight dinner at Henry's request. About half way through dinner he said "balloon Mommy, up high"....we told him that next year he can get balloons for me to celebrate Mother's Day. Such a thoughtful guy we have!
After dinner, still in the candlelight, he pulled out his 60 piece (I'm not kidding) animal alphabet puzzle...he started putting it together. I was about to put this one into storage, but I think I'll keep it out! Henry put about a third of the pieces into place without any help from us! Mark and I kept looking at each other in amazement! He kept saying the letters, too! He wanted us to leave it out until tomorrow..."no clean up, Mommy."





Henry made a card for me at school with his hand print on the inside. Here are the words to the poem next to his hand:

Dear Mommy,

Here is my hand print
So little, so small.
Which you have been washing
From all over the wall.

But soon I'LL grow up
And there won't be any more
Cute little hand prints
All over the wall.

So I decided to print
One last hand to say.
"See here my dear Mommy.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!"
Love,
Henry


Ironically, while Henry was out playing with his sidewalk chalk, he did this on the door:



I could not be a happier Mommy!

2 comments:

Aunt Kit said...

Sounds like the perfect Mother's Day!

Sarah said...

Sure sounds like a great day! I love the poem and handprint!