Sunday, May 18, 2008

Hope 4 Kids

For the second week in a row we have gone to church, and the message has been about caring for orphans! Coincidence? I don't think so...just more affirmation that we are doing the right thing by trying to adopt our little one from Vietnam. While there weren't any newly adopted babies present, we did hear from Tom Eggum who is the president of Hope 4 Kids, International. We saw many photos of the orphans in Uganda. Mark and I have sponsored a little boy over there for a few years. The nice thing about Hope 4 Kids is that 100% of donations go toward whatever project you decide to support (medicine, buildings, widows, children, etc.); that's unusual for charities. So...it's a good organization to become involved with if you are interested. Here is the site: http://www.hope4kidsinternational.org/

Still waiting for some news about Baby Wieds...

1 comment:

baileygp said...

I just found your blog from a link on Jenna's site and I was so excited to find another L.A. person adopting from Vietnam. I'm waiting for I600 approval to go get my daughter. Unfortunately I've been waiting about 108 days!I'll keep following your blog. I hope you get your referral soon. Then maybe we can meet when your munchkin comes home! : ) Grenda