Monday, May 12, 2008

Yesterday...

Yesterday we got together with Paul and Jan to celebrate both Mother's Day and Jan's birthday! Before brunch, we attended church at Saddleback where we heard from Rick Warren's wife, Kay. Her message was basically about encouraging everyone to do something to care for widows and orphans. That something could be anything from praying, offering time or money, or going out and adopting a child. So I sat there and listened and thought about how happy I am to be in the process of adoption, while at the same time, I swallowed the lump in my throat as I sat among many mothers with their children. I was wishing I could have stood up when all the moms were asked to stand and be recognized.
I thought about how much I want to go and meet our Baby Wieds over in Vietnam.
Then, wouldn't you know it, a family came out to share their adoption story. This family had a new member, Jonathan, a toddler boy from Vietnam. He was adorable as he continually reached out his arms to be held by his mom, then his dad, then his sister...!! I was glad to be there to see him, and I felt encouraged that Mark and I were definitely doing the right thing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After what I'm sure was a pretty tough day (needless to say), I am glad you and Mark were able to see that family with their baby boy. I'm sure it is a preview of things to come with your family and all of the joy and love you will share when baby Wieds comes home.
Love, Ann

stollmyheart said...

That is so cool! What a small world when you think about it! Here's hoping baby Weids reveals himself very soon!