Sunday, May 17, 2009

EARTHQUAKE

Henry experienced his first earthquake tonight. It was a 4.7 that hit at about 8:40 tonight lasting about 15 seconds. It's bazaar to run though the house while the ground is shaking, all the while wondering when or if it would stop. I have to say that I am still a bit wound up from this. I was on the couch watching TV and Mark was in our guest room/office. It took a few seconds before I realized what was happening...this earthquake wasn't a rolling one, it was more of a jolt. When the TV started shaking I realized what was going on and that we needed to get out.

I yelled for Mark, and he was already running into Henry's bedroom to get him. I grabbed a blanket, and we all went outside. Henry woke up by the time we got out to the driveway and was probably wondering what we were up to. We kept him up for another 15 min or so, expecting an aftershock. There were two, but we didn't feel either of them. It doesn't sound like there weren't any injuries in the area so far.

This is the 2nd somewhat large earthquake I've experienced...not fun. The last time there was an earthquake of this magnitude was 15 years ago. I guess I'll be reviewing our earthquake kits tomorrow, God willing.

3 comments:

Ann said...

glad you guys are okay. I hope this is all you will experience out there.

Sarah said...

Glad to hear you are all ok! How scary!

stollmyheart said...

SCARY! Wow...glad you are all okay!