Henry and I started out this morning running our usual errands. Today, however, I finally stopped in at the swimming school that we drive past multiples times each day. I have heard from many people that it is a wonderful place to go. So I got all the information and decided we'd come back in an hour for our first session at 11am. I'll post a picture soon of Henry wearing his swimming suit...he's adorable (of course).
He let me take him right into the water, which is kept at 90 degrees. We floated around, and he seemed to really enjoy the water. Then the class started. There were five other kids/parents. We all got in a circle and sang the wheels on the bus song and row, row, row the boat. Henry let me move his arms and legs a little bit, but he mostly just watched everyone else. After that we floated around a little more and went to the stairs. He liked the fact that he could stand by himself...he even started doing some running in place, which I suppose he connected with kicking in the water somehow. One of the instructors came over, and Henry happily went out into the open water with him. They did some kicking and he even lifted Henry into the air and made is seem like he was jumping in. Henry laughed and really seemed to be happy. After he came back to me, we tried to float out again, but Henry had had enough. He wanted to stay on the stairs, and then he wanted out of the pool. I knew he was getting tired and hungry because he couldn't decided what he wanted and he started crying. We sat in a chair, all wrapped up in a towel and watched the rest of the class, which was just about over. Then he did some exploring around the sides of the pool before we went home. He left happy, waving good-bye to all.
We can go any day of the week, depending on what the weather is like (the pool is outside). Overall, Henry did very well for his first pool experience. I think we'll try to go back again on Thursday.
By the way, our fish is doing quite well!!
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds like a success! I can't wait to see pictures!
sounds like a blast! i'm so jealous of swimming weather :)
Post a Comment