The wait is becoming increasingly more difficult. I wake up each day and look at his little face and just wonder what he is up to.
Is he sitting up?
Is he happy?
Does he have more hair?
How much does he weigh?
How tall is he?
How many teeth does he have?
Is he healthy?
Does he have a cold?
Is he warm enough?
and those are just a few of the questions.
Each day that goes by means another day that we are not together. I know God has this all figured out, but I can't help but continually ask for him to let Henry come home to us NOW!
I went to see my doctor yesterday to get prescriptions for traveling just in case we get sick while we are over there. I got a prescription for Cipro (for diarrhea, bladder infections, fever), Biaxin (for sinus, bronchitis), Prednisone (bronchitis), Malarone (malaria meds), Bactrim (for skin/staff infections), Ambien (for the trip over there so I can sleep). I hope that covers it all. I can't really think of anything else to take to be prepared.
The CDC is now recommending the Japanese Encephalitis vaccine for those traveling in rural Asia...that would be us! I got the first shot and go back two more times to finish the series. She also gave me the Pneumonia vaccine...that one hurt more than a tetanus shot! My arm is SO sore...even a day later! Mark gets to go on Wednesday for his rounds!
We'll be spending most of our time in Hanoi, which is not exactly rural Asia, but since we aren't sure where else we may want to visit, it makes sense to be prepared. Mark teaches about the Vietnam War. We are talking about heading over to Vietnam early, once we get our notice that Henry is approved. We'll know the exact date we can go get Henry, so we can plan around that.
We are thinking about going to Hue, which is in central Vietnam for a few days before traveling up to Hanoi.
We also are thinking about taking a tour in the mountainous regions of Northern Vietnam.
Another place we want to visit is Ha Long Bay.
It's fun to start planning this adventure!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment