I can't believe it! I just let my dogs out in the yard, like I do every night. They usually just make a loop around the house and come right in because it's almost dark. So while I am waiting a few minutes before bringing them back inside, I hear dogs barking, my dogs. So I run out in back and I see Kelly, our golden retriever, running down into the canyon.


And Cody, our German shepherd/border collie mix is out of sight, but I can hear his bark.
I run down into the canyon after them, and I start calling them because I know they must have seen a coyote and thought it wanted to play. I look to my right, and one is standing right there, creeping toward Kelly. I grab a rock, throw it, and the coyote runs away. I manage to get Kelly to go back up into the yard while I continue to scream for Cody. Poor Kelly looked like she wanted to cry, as if she were in very big trouble! I then see Cody, way off to the left beginning to come back toward me when I see a different coyote about 5 feet behind him. I started screaming even louder (if that was possible) and I think my screaming must have scared the coyote away because he turned around. Cody came and now we are all safe in the house. I know that the coyotes are out there because I hear them scream almost every night...I just haven't been that close to them.
Thank you, God, for keeping my dogs safe!!
Apparently coyotes like to lure their prey while the pack is waiting to attack. Yikes! My heart is still racing!
On another note...
I'm getting mixed information now about some letter that the DIA is supposed to issue when referrals are official. I'd really like to see that letter before the end of next week. It could all be rumor, but who knows! I'll let you know when I know!

No comments:
Post a Comment