While he still loves to cuddle, he's become a bit more independent. When I pick him up, he will often pat my back as if he's trying to burp me.
He is confident when he walks from room to room in house, even with both dogs close by. After a few minutes he comes up to me and gives my leg a hug and then moves on to do more exploring. Henry has taken on the "leader of the pack" role with the dogs. They know he's special and in charge. He even tells them to stay with his hand every now and then. His stroller is always in front of them when we all walk together.
Henry's diet hasn't changed...we've added tuna salad and grilled cheese to the mix.
He still doesn't like to nap in his crib during the day, but he does sleep in it at night. He's got a cold so the past two nights he woke up every four hours. He was able to talk himself back to sleep. His stuffed toy, Tigger, keeps him company. I think when he is talking, he's talking to Tigger. He says something that sounds like "a nuh huh" repeatedly during this time and I can hear him blowing kisses. Maybe it's "i love you" since that is what we say when he starts blowing kisses, or it could mean "milk" because this morning while we were walking after I got him up he said it again and picked up his bottle. I hope we solve this mystery soon. I'm trying to teach him a few signs for: milk, all done, and hungry. Not much luck so far.
He's decided that it's OK to put his hands on the grass for a little bit, but still won't let his feet wander through it. When we are out on football field he loves to climb the concrete seats. He takes one of our hands and heads to the top. After we carry him back down he usually wants to do it again. One day he did it 3 times! This is quite a workout for him.
Henry blows kisses and waves hi and bye-bye. I learned that I have to be standing behind him when we say bye-bye or he thinks I am leaving too. We think his 9th tooth will arrive soon and he LOVES to brush his teeth.
Henry likes to take many things out of the cupboards and move them around. He thinks it's funny when he pushes his own stroller. He doesn't seem to care for cartoons, but when the news or a football game is on, it keeps his attention.
At Henry's first visit to the doctor one week ago he weighed 20.4 lbs, which puts him in the 15% for kids his age. He was 30 and 3/4 inches tall, which puts him in the 75%. He's tall!
Henry, we can't imagine our life without you!
Henry is 6 months in this picture.

We'll never forget that moment

3 comments:
That was so sweet! Happy 13 months, Henry! He is already doing so much more since we saw him over Christmas. I can't wait to see him again!
Love,
Ann
I'm so delighted that Henry has become the king of the house--and even the leader of the pack.
Next week I'll call you. I so want to meet him.
You have brought me to tears. That blue walker is the one that my son was in for the last set of pictures of him that we received!
HAPPY 13 MONTHS HENRY!!!
Post a Comment