Henry's cold is almost gone while mine is still hangin' around. I am so glad he is back to his lively self again. The past few days he's been adding new words to his vocabulary. He says "Tigger" instead of "Ger", he is signing that he wants to eat when he is hungry (he puts his fingers to his lips), he started swaying back and forth whenever he hears music, and he was belly laughing with the dogs tonight. He knows his Brown Bear, Brown Bear book saying, "ba ba ba ba". He has also started having a few tantrums when he doesn't get his way. You should see the frown he makes followed by the huge tears..I'll try to capture it and post it here. He doesn't stay upset for more than a minute, which is great for all of us.
Our routine is working well. Night time very special. After dinner, he takes a bath. Then we relax for awhile and put on pjs. Next we go brush our teeth, which he still loves to do. Then we read a book in the rocking chair...he is still fairly restless when I read to him. After the story, I hold him closer to me, and I say a prayer. While I begin to pray, he snuggles his head into my shoulder, holds my arm, and becomes still. It is such a peaceful, wonderful time. It seems like he knows that God brought us together and is as thankful for us as we are for him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Keep up the reading! You will be so happy you did when Henry can't get enough and asks for more and more books! Charlie is in that squirmy/restless stage too and always wants to be on the go.
Post a Comment