Monday, December 22, 2008

Goodbye Vietnam

We are packing our bags and are headed to the airport shortly. We will arrive in LA approx. 8:15 Tuesday night (Dec 23). We figure we'll actually be at our house close to 11 PM after going through customs.
We love Hanoi but are very ready to come home.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Sue and Mark,
Henry is amazing. This is so exciting!! I'm guessing this will be your best Christmas ever!!

Carrie

Anonymous said...

My precious children,

Yes, I still perform miracles today as I have throughout history! Many, many prayers have been lifted to Me on your behalf over the years. I heard every one. Do you now see how perfect My timing is? I have blessed your faithfulness with the child I choose to be loved by you even before the beginning of time! Receive My blessings; sing praises to My name. Know how much I love you!

Your loving Abba

(Psa 30:11-12 NRSV) You have turned my mourning into dancing; you have taken off my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, so that my soul may praise you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to you forever.

stollmyheart said...

Wow...I can't believe you are done already! Safe travels!

Peter and Jamie Pham said...

What a happy and beautiful family of three!!! Congratulation.

Sarah said...

Yea! I'm sure it will nice to be back home as a family!

Unknown said...

Praise God! All is complete and you're on your way home! I wasn't able to get on the blog until today. What a joy to read and see all you have experienced. Henry is adorable and it brought tears of joy to see you both holding your new son Henry!
I can see and feel the love and joy in your eyes! We can't wait to meet Henry and we are overjoyed that you will be able to celebrate Christmas in your home with your precious Henry! We leave for Costa Rica on Dec. 25 so we will see you all in the New Year! You all continue to be in our prayers for safe travel and your new life together. Henry is a blessed little boy and we are all here to love and support all of you! Merry Christmas!!!! In love, prayer and thanksgiving, Cheryl and Greg

Auntie Dana said...

Welcome home to the new parents and Henry, too! He is so adorable and it sounds like he is adjusting very quickly...running around with his arms out as a natural safety net...sounds like Henry has a good head on his shoulders. Very fitting.

By now, I imagine you are all safely tucked into bed and dreaming of your 1st Christmas together. What a joy and a blessing to have the adoption complete, to have Henry meeting his new puppies and wondering his new home, and to have such precious memories not only treasured in your hearts, but recorded here to look back upon as the years go by. Thanks be to God!

Auntie Dana said...

that should be "wandering" his new home, but he's probably wondering a bit, too. :)

Auntie Dana said...

It's me again...

So what time did everyone get to sleep last night? I figured after you arrived home, you'd all be either too pooped to stay up or too wound up too sleep. :)

Can't wait to hear all about the incredibly special homecoming. I wonder how long it will take to reset Henry's internal alarm clock...

Merry, merry Christmas! Safe travels to Wisconsin! Have many wonderful birthday parties for Jesus, sharing His amazing "Unexpected Gift," as well as your long awaited gift...Master Henry! Love you all!