Monday, December 22, 2008

We have the Visa





Our final interview took place this afternoon at the US Embassy. It literally took ONE minute! We had heard that we needed paperwork and to be ready to answer some specific questions, but instead all Mark had to do was give his passport to the officer, wait to be called to the window, then he signed a few documents, they looked at my passport and said we're cleared. Martin and Kenny brought over the final papers a few hours later. We are free to go home.

To celebrate, we and the other 3 families went to dinner in the hotel after spending some time shooting photos in the lobby.

Henry and Kevin. I wonder what they are saying to each other



I didn't get to spend too much time talking at dinner due to Henry's energy. I know I posted a few days ago that Henry only wants to be held, but now, all he wants to do is run, run, run! He runs with his hands above his head to catch himself when he falls. He has yet to cry over a fall...tough kid!

Henry's buddies



We think the grieving is coming to an end. He is trying very hard to have his way a lot of the time. Last night we put him to bed, and he cried for about 40 minutes. Then he slept a good seven hours, which was great. Tonight, he only cried five minutes. Perhaps he's getting the message. We'll see. Tomorrow night we leave Hanoi.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news! I can't wait to see you guys. Have a safe trip home!
Love,
Ann

Anonymous said...

Sue and Mark,
Again...congratulations! Sue, sounds like you've got this parenting thing down! Enjoy your last day in Hanoi!

stollmyheart said...

YAY!!!!! Congratulations! What a relief, hey? Safe travels home! Can't wait to see you!