We have our tickets to go get our Henry! It hasn't quite sunk in yet, but I expect it will very soon... WOW!
We leave Wednesday night and are scheduled to come back to LA on the 23rd, although it could be sooner or possibly longer. We're so used to the unknowns and changes along this 13 month journey that we wouldn't expect this part to be any different!
We had our travel call with our agency yesterday at 1:30. At that point it sounded like we might be able to get Henry next Friday, but they weren't sure and would let us know later that night. We are still waiting for USCIS approval, and expect to get it sometime next week. We can get Henry without that approval because through the eyes of the Vietnamese government, Henry is ours! If we get him before formal US approval, we should be able to arrange some of the appointments necessary before bringing him home. That would expedite our time in VN and get us home for Christmas. All the government offices are closed between Dec. 24 and Jan. 4, so if we don't finish, we could possibly be there through that first week of January. Wouldn't that be something!? We don't expect that will happen, but we're prepared just in case.
We called Todd, the most excellent travel agent, and tried to get on a flight that would get us to Vietnam before Friday. We had three flights on hold. About 10 last night we learned that the earliest we could get Henry would be the 15th...so we decided to go with the Wed. departure. This will give us a few days in Hanoi to adjust, see some sites, and do some shopping. We will be over there with three other families, which will be wonderful. We fly through Hong Kong. It's a 15 1/2 hour trip between LA and Hong Kong, then about 2 hours to Hanoi. We'll arrive on Friday morning.
Off to pack!
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Thank God!! Your fabulous news brought tears to my eyes! Congratulations to both of you wonderful parents. I wish you the best of everything on your trip and can't wait til Henry is home! Here's to a safe and smooth trip!
Barb
OMG! This is so exciting!! I can't wait to see photos of your new little cutie pie. big hugs
Yea!!!!! I'm so happy for both of you!
Sue,
I love the blog! Wow, you're in the final countdown! I'll be keeping a close watch on your journey!
Meg
I think you'll be really glad you can be there for a few days before "the big day". We flew out on a Wed. too...got to Hanoi on Friday AM and had the weekend to get on a sleeping schedule and pick up formula/diapers etc. OMG...I'm so excited for you!
Post a Comment